Saturday, January 23, 2010

Scrapbooking!!!

So I am so excited that I got scrapbook today! I will go ahead and admit that I am NOT as talented as most scrapbooking people out there, but I love to do it. For me it is relaxing, fun, and sentimental. I am able to have a place to keep all the important pictures of my life together in a creative/special way.

I started with one of my hubby and me when we started dating up until the two last pages which are dedicated to the birth of our two children. Once Nicolas was born I started his book, and boy has it grown. I also started the first part of Natalie's when she was born. Due to the fact that I have now TWO children (5 & 1), a full time job, and spending time with my hubby, I have not been able to do a whole lot with Natalie's or Nicolas' books. I hate this fact and it has been eating away at me for a while. I don't want to miss out on this part of my life, or let pictures that could/should be captured in these books float off into space never to be seen again. I hope that either when my children graduate from high school or get married(WAY IN THE FUTURE) that I can give them their books and that they will enjoy them with friends and family.

As I was getting ready for my scrapping day, I realized that I needed pictures printed out. With the help of my mother(who put pictures from her computer to CD's) I went to Walgreens Friday on my lunch break. As I sat there and went through a great deal of pictures, I managed to rack up a total of $40 in pictures to be printed. Yes I know that is quite pricey, but I needed them to do my magic. I was able to get my WONDERFUL hubby to agree to keep an eye on the kiddos for me and I spent about 2hrs today doing something that I forgot how much I loved.

My only problem now is that I need more, yes more, pictures and a few other items to help me along on this endeavor. I have also thought about going back into my original scrapbook and putting in more recent things that the hubby and I have done together since the kiddos were born.

Well now that I am done ranting about my hobby I will say goodnight seeing as how both Nicolas & Natalie are sound asleep.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Ladybird' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP