Sunday, April 19, 2009

Birthday party preparation


My daughter, Natalie, is going to be turning 1 on May 1st and so the preparation begins for a birthday party. I have chosen the theme of Abby Cadabby from Sesame Street. Natalie really seems to like her because she has a lot of energy and is very colorful. I have decided that we are going to do a small cake for Natalie to have and then cupcakes for everyone else. I am going to do the easy thing and order some pizza for everyone to feast on. For all of the girls at the party I am going to TRY to make magic wands like the one in Abby's hand. I am still debating what to make for the boys, but I think it will be wizard hats to go along with the magic theme. Now I am just trying to find all of the other decorative elements of the party. My husband tells me that I should not go so overboard because it is just her 1st birthday (he told me this about our son too....that is a man for you though.) I just want it to be something that everyone will have fun a be able to remember for time to come. Well I will post another blog as it gets closer and then when I have pictures of the event.

3 comments:

bdubsmitty April 19, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

You shouldn't go overboard because it costs too much money for a party that she will never remember.

Sexii Lexii October 15, 2009 at 4:45 PM  

Hey my name is Lexi Ridenour and I am 13 ! As crazy as it sounds, I too am a HUGE fan of Abby's too ! But the ironic part of your daughters birthday, is that my 7 soon to be 8 year old little brothers birthday is the same day ! I hope that your daughter if she already hasn't, I hope that she 1 day gets to meet Abby !

Unknown April 18, 2010 at 3:30 PM  

I had a garden party for my daughters one year Birthday - she had a lady bug costume, decorations galore and "Dirt Pudding" on display. She had her own cake to smash and we provided a cake for all of the guests.

I LOVE your Abby idea and plan to have an Abby party for her 2nd birthday in June!

If you have any suggestions please message me back!

  © Blogger template 'Ladybird' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP